Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The House and Summer Highlights


As I prepare to head back to OSU next week I've been thinking about best parts of this summer. I worked at Banfield Veterinary hospital for 10 weeks as part of a student job program and I gained a lot of good experience and knowledge by doing that program. I got to meet some really neat people and see some cool things in the process.

The family came for a baby shower and it was so good to see everybody! Some of us hiked up Adams' Canyon and saw the awesome waterfalls. We were also surprised to hear the rattle of a rattlesnake and we saw the same snake on the way up and on the way down. Ironically, we only seem to see snakes on that hike when family is in town.
The small rattlesnake


The baby shower was a blast! It was a double shower for my cousin Amy and Kate, my cousin Jeremy's wife.  I enjoyed helping to make paper balls out of tissue paper for decorations and fill popcorn boxes for party favors. It was fun to see all of the extended family and hear their funny stories and to see all of the cute baby gifts.
One big pile of delicious pink popcorn!



yummy desserts1


Grandma and her sisters

Another big event this summer has been the building of my parents house. We've been seeing it pop up before our eyes and hardly a day goes by where we don't go to the house to see what the latest new addition is. It's been really fun to watch and I think my parents have done an excellent job with the difficult task of picking out all the details and things for the house. Here are some photos of the latest additions. More photos to come!
The kitchen counters and cabinets
The fireplace



Mom in her kitchen. 9-6-11 the wood floor and the hood over the stove at the latest developments. 


The exterior of the house is nearly done   
   

No comments: