Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hawaii!


We had a blast in Hawaii before Christmas! We went to Maui and had fun snorkeling, paddle boarding, beach bumming,boogie boarding, whale watching and exploring the island. We watched the sunset from the top of a volcano one night. My favorite thing was snorkeling and swimming with the sea turtles! I was fortunate to see a total of 14 sea turtles while I was there. Most of them were seen right near our hotel! It was a nice and relaxing vacation. The only unfortunate thing that happened was that my parents lost there nice camera. It was too bad but luckily we had other cameras to take some great photos. See Below.

It was nice to get away from the Oregon rain and into the Hawaiian sun and warmth. It was also nice to come home to Utah and get some snow. I had a great break and loved spending time with my family! I miss them terribly now that I am back at OSU but I am grateful I got to spend that time with them. Now I am ready to take on another term of vet school. One week down, ten to go until spring break!

Our Hotel



4 comments:

Jessica Snyder said...

It looks amazing! I'm so jealous of your warm and sunny holiday- it's soooo cold here in Sacramento! But spring (break) will be here soon- thanks for sharing the pics!

Amy Tobler said...

What a great way to spend the holiday! Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

alexa..sorry to hear about the turtle..hope it,s o.k by now..really enjoyed the pictures in Hawaii..It lookes so beautiful..enjoyed seeing yoy during the holiday,s...How,s school going..love G-emma

Ted and Bonnie said...

What a great experience to have with your family during the holidays - after all, that's what it's all about!

Also great pictures! I'm so glad you got to swim with the turtles - remember we still call you "turtle whisperer" :)